On the beach, in the mountains or just in the city, wearing sunglasses is recommended to protect yourself from the dangers of the sun's rays. This is also true for drivers, who should take advantage of the prospect of vacations to have their eyes checked and choose the most appropriate pair of glasses.
Sunglasses: to preserve a capital that is running out
Just like the sun capital our skin has, our eyes wear out with age, which is accentuated by the rays of the sun.
Did you know that our glare resistance decreases with age by about 50% every 12 years?
That you have to protect your eyes from the sun from childhood?
And that the maximum natural protection is reached only at the age of 15?
For all these reasons, you should wear sunglasses in sunny weather, at any age and regardless of activity.
But not just any glasses ...
The filtration of the glasses must be adapted to the intensity of the radiation, the covering frame and the model certified in conformity with the European regulation in force. Beware of glasses that are more of a gadget because behind any tinted plastic, the pupil dilates and lets the rays to the retina. If the plastic does not filter the rays, the retina is exposed to the damaging effects of the sun. So it's even worse than not wearing glasses at all!
Driving too, sunglasses are essential
Driving too, it is essential to wear the best sunglasses for driving to protect his eyes of course, but also to prevent accidents. Under certain conditions, the luminosity and the rays of the sun are real risk factors: dazzling, reflections, entries and exits of the tunnels, sun shaving at the rising and the setting of the sun, etc. Sunglasses: make the right choice!
You must also make sure you are not carrying a vision problem. According to the National Association for the Improvement of Vision (Asnav), one-third of drivers have one or more eye disorders. But 90% of the decisions and gestures necessary to the driving depend directly on the sight. It is therefore necessary to regularly check his eyesight and if necessary correct it (myopia, astigmatism, alteration of the visual field ??).
This approach could be part of the preparations for your holiday, as well as the purchase of a good pair of sunglasses ?? !
- Choose the right category. Avoid categories 0 and 1 to favor categories 2 and 3 corresponding to medium and strong luminosities, respectively. The last category 4 corresponds to exceptional luminosities and is totally contra-indicated with driving.
- Give preference to covering frames that further block the sun's rays on the sides.
Avoid wide branches that may interfere with lateral vision, especially if you have to drive.
- If you're driving, also choose a shade that does not affect color perception .
Avoid blue or pink lenses and generally favor gray lenses, while the contrast-enhancing brown shade is better for nearsighted people and green for farsighted people.
- Eyeglass wearers must equip themselves with a pair of sunglasses adapted to their vision problem or solar clips .
- In all respects, opt for organic lenses with a polarizing filter (dazzling, visual fatigue, colors, contrasts).
- At the wheel, avoid photochromic lenses because the windshield prevents the lenses from darkening.